This recipe is by – Archana Shenoy
A very traditional,almost forgotten Konkani Dessert. Polo means Dosas And Kheeri means Kheer /Payasam. In Short, mini rice dosas dunked in kheer/ payasam.
- Red raw rice – 1 cup
- Jaggery grated – 1 cup or as per your taste
- Coconut milk – 1 cup( first milk) ½ cup (second diluted milk)
- Cardamoms crushed – 4 Nos
- Wash and soak rice for 4 – 5 hours.
- Drain and grind smooth to dosa batter consistency.
- Make tiny button sized dosas and keep aside.
- In another pan, heat jaggery till it dissolves. Strain the jaggery syrup.
- Keep the jaggery syrup again on the gas and add the half cup of the diluted coconut milk. Let it boil.
- At this stage add half of the crushed cardamom.
- Simmer and add the 1 cup of thick coconut milk and mix. Do not boil. The kheeri is ready.
- After the Kheeri cools down add the polos (dosa ). Do not boil once the polos are added. They may break!