This recipe is by –Priya R Shenoy .This is a very traditional almost forgotten recipe popular among the Mangalorean GSB community.
- Brown poha (poha of boiled rice,red coloured ,bit thick )- 4 cups
- Coconut -2 cups
- Jaggery-1/4 kg. adjust as per taste.
- Dry roast the poha in a kadai till crisp and a nice aroma fills your kitchen
- Grind it to a fine powder after it has cooled.
- Make jaggery syrup to a single thread consistency .
- Add the coconut and stir for some 3 mins. add the powdered poha ,, mix well.. turn off the gas
- For making indoris you need some very small steel containers …grease it each time with ghee . fill it with d mixture tightly packed .
- Invert and hit hardly on a hard surface so that they loosen and the indoris will easily demould taking a nice shape
- Take care to make the Indoris immediately after switching off the gas ..otherwise it will harden and would be difficult for making the indoris.
You can also make this with boiled rice instead of poha with the same method !
5 replies to “Indori”
Thank u so much Priya for this yummy recipe..
Thanks Priya for this wonderful recipe loved it…
thnk u so mch