This is an yummy recipe of GSB Mangalore side
This is a heavenly tasty dish served as a side dish in Mangalore area. But many children of any age like this and often treat this as a main dish with rice.
- Bikkand (Jack fruit seeds) – 25
- Onion – 1 big
- Grated Coconut …. ½ Coconut
- Fried red chilly…..7
- Tamarind. ….. A small gooseberry size.
- Fried Coriander seeds …2 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Methi seeds ½ tsp
- Salt …to taste
- Oil…..4 tsp.
- Peel the white skin of Jack fruit seeds and cut it length wise in to small pieces
- Cut the Onion length wise in to small pieces, keep aside
- Wash and pressure cook the Jack fruit seeds.
- Grind Grated coconut, red chilly, Tamarind, to a paste and add coriander seeds and grind again. (Masala need not be very fine)
- Add Onion to the cooked Jack fruit seeds with salt and ground Masala
- Add little water and cook (The consistency of the dish is medium thick)
- Season with mustard seeds, Methi seeds.
Yummy Sagle is ready. Serve with hot rice and even can be served with Rotis,Chapathis etc
In certain recipes Methi seeds are seen ground with masala…But I prefer my way to use it in seasoning as it is carried over from my Mom.