A Cochin G.S.B dish
This is a signature dish of GSB kids. This dish is very simple and loved by kids. But now this has become a rare preparation. Only we see this dish in the feast offered to children during mahalaya days.
- 1 small size Potato
- 5 tbsp grated Coconut
- 1 red chilly
- 2 tsp oil + for deep frying
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- Few curry leaves.
- 1 tbsp butter milk
- Salt to taste
- Peel and wash potato, cut in to small pieces, apply salt and keep aside for a while and deep fry it till crisp.
- Grind Coconut, red chilly and salt to a fine paste.
- Add required water to the masala to make a medium consistency
- Add butter milk and mix well
- Season with mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves
- Add fried Potato pieces and mix well
Kooka Sasam is ready and enjoy with hot rice as a side dish
This dish need not be boiled and served as such.