Rontas is a konkani delicacy made as a special breakfast .It is usually had with Dalithoy. Godd Rontas is a sweet version of it & was had as an evening snack ..this is an almost forgotten dish . try this for a tasty easy to make snack !
- Methi seeds/ fenugreek -1/4 tsp(roasted and powdered),
- Jaggery-1/4 cup,
- Salt- a pinch
- Rice flour-2 cups,
- Dissolve jaggery in little water boiling on a flame.
- When it has cooled but still warm, , mix the other items and make a soft dough. If necessary, add a little more warm water.
- Take small portions of the dough and make small puris by keeping in-between plastic paper pieces and pressing it with a heavy object.
- Deep fry in oil till done .
Kids will enjoy this as a snack.
Relish it as a snack !