Koddel is an amchi curry with garlic seasoning. Papaya amshe koddel is the curry enriched with the coconut gravy with a mild sweetness of the half ripe papayas and with the nice aroma of garlic seasoning
- Papaya cut in small squares – 2 cups
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Fried red chillies – 3 to 5
- Tamarind – a very small piece
- Grated jaggery (optional) -2 teasp.
- Garlic pods -5 to 8
- Oil for seasoning..
- Cook the papaya adding salt in sufficient water
- Grind the grated coconut with the fried red chillies and tamarind to a smooth paste.
- Add this paste to the cooked papaya pieces..
- Mix well and let the curry boil nicely.
- Turn off the flame .
- Now heat oil in a small pan and add the garlic pods to it.. let it turn in golden colour.
- Pour the tadka over the papaya curry.
- You can add the grated jaggery if you want to increase the sweetness .
- Enjoy a nice non spicy koddel with the half ripe papayas with rice .