Karathe (bitter gourd) Bhutti/Puddi sagle is a lip smacking coconut based dish especially for bitter gourd fans. Adds zing to even the plainest of amchi meals.
- 4 med sized bittergourds
- 4 med sized onions chopped
- 3tsp coriander seeds
- 1.5 cups of grated coconut
- 1tsp fenugreek/methi seeds
- 12 roasted red chillies (increase or decrease as per spice reqd)
- Tamarind lump the size of a marble
- Oil as required (at least 2 to 3 table spoons)
- mustard seeds – half ts
- salt to taste
PS: Be careful while adding salt to the masala as the bitter gourd pieces would have retained some salt…So adjust accordingly.
One reply to “Karathe Bhutti/Puddi sagle”
Tried the recipe. Very tasty dish. Thank you Jayashree. 🙂