Bhenda sagle (ladies finger curry) is a very tasty coconut gravy which can be made as follows.It makes an excellent combination with rice and dalithoy.
- Ladyfingers- 10 to 15
- Coconut – one and half cups
- Tamarind -the size of a marble
- Coriander seeds-1 tsp
- Methi seeds -1/2 tsp
- Red chillies- 6 -8 as per taste
- Salt to taste
- Roast the coriander seeds , methi seeds And the chillies in a little oil .
- Grind the coconut and tamarind to a paste .
- Cut the ladies finger into 2 inch pieces .
- Add salt & a little water and cook it for about 2-3 minutes only .
- Add the masol and bring it to a boil so that the ladies fingers are just cooked .
- Check for salt.
- Temper with mustard seeds and curry leaves preferably in coconut oil .
Bhenda Sagle is ready to be served
3 replies to “Bhenda Sagle”
So when I followed this recipe, my bhenda sagle came out slimy. Help!
Usually this happens when the water you added is more ..just sprinkle a few drops only & you will get it right !
You can also fry the bhende first then put it in thecurry