Phodis are a great accompaniment to the amchi meals.Usually phodis are deep fried but I prefer them frying on tava(North canara version) which makes it healthy and quick to make too.Most of the vegetables can be prepared in the same way like the Sweet potato (kananga) and Chowchow tava fries. Today I am posting radish tava fries.
- Bombay rava
- Red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of hing (asafoetida)
- Oil for frying.
- 1 Tender radish
- Chop the radish length wise or in roundels keeping the thickness medium ,apply salt and keep aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Mix salt,red chilli powder and hing to the rava and prepare a mix.
- Roll the radish slices in this rava mixture and place them on the tava
- Drizzle some oil and sprinkle some water and close the lid and leave for some 2 minutes..
- Flip to other side and again drizzle some oil and fry for another 2-3 minutes and remove from tava.
2 replies to “Mulangi Bhajjunu phodi”