Spicy garlic Potato ( Local Name “Lassalo Batato” ) is a heavenly tasty dish usually prepared in and around Mangalore, preferably using baby potatoes. If baby potatoes are not available you can also use regular potato. It is prepared with few ingredients and in less cooking time. Here I used regular potato.
- Potato / Baby Potato – 15 No. ( Regular medium 3 No.)
- Garlic Pod – 1 No
- Fried Red Chilly – 10 Nos.
- Tamarind – one gooseberry size
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
- Wash and cook Baby potatoes and peel it (For regular potatoes peel, cut into one inch cubes and cook).
- Peel garlic cloves and grind it to a fine paste with red chilly, tamarind and salt using little water
- Heat oil in a kadai add ground Masala ,cook it till the oil separates
- Now add cooked potatoes and sauté till all the masala absorbed by the potatoes.
Lassalo Batato is ready for serving as a side dish with hot rice.