“Churmundo” is a very popular laddo in and around Mangalore. This is very easy to prepare. Generally a home made sweet. Enjoy with this laddoo on birthdays, festivals, other family get-together etc.
- Wheat flour – 3 Cup
- Sugar powder – 2 ½ Cup
- Ghee – 1 Cup
- Raisins – 2 tbsp.
- Cardamom powder – 1tsp
- Cashew nuts chopped – 1 tbsp.
- In a kadai fry the raisins and cashew nuts separately using little ghee. Keep it aside.
- Use a thick bottomed kadai add remaining ghee and heat it.
- When the ghee melts completely add wheat flour and sauté continuously in low heat till you get nice aroma (Approx. minimum 45 minutes) and the mixture get brown.
- Switch off the gas and allow it to cool down for a while.
- Now add the Sugar powder, Cardamom powder, Raisins and cashew nuts. Mix well
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Take a hand full of mixture and shape it into round lemon size ladoos by pressing it in hand palm. Try to keep one Raisins in every ladoo you make.
“Churmundo” is ready. It will last for more than a month. Keep it in an air tight container.
Confidence leads to success.