Solkadi is an appetizer kind of drink very famous in Goa.SOL here refers to the peel of the kokum which is dried and stored and the kadi is made whenever required.The dried kokum peels are now available almost everywhere.
- Handful of Dried kokum peels
- 1 cup coconut
- 2-3 green chillies
- Tsp of jeera (cumin seeds)
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Soak the kokum peels in sufficient water overnight
- Next day remove the kokum and strain the water.
- Grind coconut with green chillies and jeera to smooth paste adding water.
- Strain this coconut paste to extract the coconut milk.
- Add this coconut milk to the kokum water and add salt.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve chilled.
- You can add buttermilk just before serving which makes it an excellent drink post lunch or dinner.
- Can be had as it is or with rice.