Ganti Talasani is another recipe made with arbi leaves.Here ganti means tying knots.First step for this curry is,after removing the veins of the leaves,each leaves should be rolled and tied as a knot.This is a favorite dish of all.
- Arbi leaves: 15- 20 (knots)
- Tamarind/hogplum/bimbul: lemon size/ 1-2 / 3-4
- Dry Red Chillies: 6-8
- Garlic : 1 full pod crushed with skin
- Oil: 2 tsp
- Water: 1 cup
- Prepare knots with the arbi leaves after removing its veins and keep aside.If you do not want to make knots just chop the leaves.
- Take Kadai heat oil and fry the crushed garlic till lightly brown.
- Now add the dry chillies broken into halves and fry for a minute,then add the knotted arbi leaves in it and a cup of water,add tamarind juice.
- Incase hog plum is being used , just crush them and add,if bimbul then cut into slits.
- Add salt and cover with a lid and cook till the leaves are cooked and soft and water is absorbed.
- Check for water, mix then and there and cook till done.
- Serve with hot rice and amchi dalithoy