Kadi is an appetizer and is used as an accompaniment to rice. Kadis are usually of watery consistency and can also be drunk as such after lunch /dinner just like the Solkadi .They are considered to be helpful for digestion too.In this recipe buttermilk is used to prepare the kadi which makes it even more tasty and healthy .
|Takka kadi served with rice|
- 1 cup of sour buttermilk
- 2 green chillies
- 1 red chilli broken
- 1/4 or a bit less of turmeric powder (haldi)
- 5-6 cloves of garlic crushed
- Oil for seasoning
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Take the sour buttermilk in a pan and add water depending on the quantity and consistency you want.
- Add salt, haldi powder ,slit green chillies and boil it gently.
- Remove just after the first boil as too much boiling will curdle it.
- Heat oil and add the crushed garlic and the red chilli and fry till golden.
- Pour this over the kadi and garnish with coriander leaves .
Have it with rice or serve as a drink after cooling it.
One reply to “Takka kadi/ Buttermilk kadi”