A Sweet Dish prepared during Shravan Sunday Choodi & Tulsi Pooja.
- 1 Cup Rice Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Milk
- a pinch of Salt and Sugar to taste
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Fresh Coconut, grated
- 1/2 Cup Gud/Jaggery, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- Mix the first Four ingredients to make a smooth paste.
- Cook the paste in a non-stick pan, stirring all the time until it thickens and is a cooked dough.
- Wait for it to cool a little.
- Shape the dough into tiny sized balls and arrange them on a greased plate.
- Steam-cook for about 15 minutes , then leave it to cool in a bowl.
- Mix the Gud and coconut gratings with the Cardamom powder.
- Add the mixture to the bowl of dough-balls and stir gently so that the coconut mixture neatly coats the balls.
Undlakaal is ready.