“Godu Appo” is an all time favorite sweet delicacy.This is a simple recipe but you need have an “Appo skillet “(Appya Kayili) .
- Wheat flour – 1 Cup
- Jaggery – ½ Cup
- Dry coconut ( tiny pieces) -1 tbsp
- Grated Coconut – ½ cup
- Rava – 2 tbsp
- Ripe Mysorebanana – 2 nos.
- Ghee – for frying
- Cardamom powdered – ½ tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Grind finely grated coconut with Jaggery, Ripe Banana pieces and a pinch of salt
- Mix all the other ingredients (except ghee) with the ground mixture.
- Add water if required to make the batter to the medium thick consistency.
- Mix well and keep the batter aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat “Appa kaili” apply ghee. Again mix the batter and pour it in the skillet.
- Cover with a lid……. Maintain the heat to medium low flame.
- Open the lid, apply ghee again, flip the appo, so to cook the other side.
- Fry the appo till it becomes golden.
Appo is ready. Enjoy it
- Mix the batter every time before pouring to the skillet.
- Use Jaggery as per your taste.
- Do not over heat Appya Kaili so as not to burn the Appos.