Ingredients for the Masolu;
- Mature dry coconut-1(medium)
- Coriander / dhaniya seeds -100gms,
- Urad dal -25 gms
- Red chillies -12 or more as per taste
- Roast grated coconut, & chillies separately or together to a nice golden brown.
- For easier roasting – spread out thinly on a plate or plastic sheet – the grated coconut in the hot sun ..by evening this would have dried considerably . so within a few minutes you can roast the coconut to an even brown !
- Roast the dal and coriander seeds separately
6. Store in sun dried container.
7. Use a dry spoon , this keeps well for more than 6 months .
8. You can make this in small quantities too for single use .
9. You may also add a tsp of haldi now . in which case you need not add while making the ghassi
10. Some add a teaspoon of methi seeds too which adds to the aroma
- Black gram / chono (overnight soaked) – 200gms
- Vegetables chopped ( surnu , drumstick ), -1 & 1/2 cups
- Dharmbya sol – 1 small piece or 1 large tomato
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Masolu- 2 tbsp
- salt to taste
- Pressure cook the black gram sol and the yam well .Cook the drumstick separately.
- Add salt , turmeric powder & the masolu to the cooked chono .
- Bring to a boil & then let simmer for another 5 more minutes .
- Serve hot with rice .
- Turdal plus potato or Gudugo/ breadfruit .
- Moong/green gram plus raw banana & yam/surnu
- Sprouted moong plus yam/surnu & mango (avoid sol in this)
- Moong plus Kooka ( chinese potato/ soppur kook )and raw banana or raw banana skin
- Ovro surnu & drumstick
- Chevli , white & green dried peas , Kabuli channa ,
- Bikkand Galnu Ghassi