I have given the recipe for the basic masollu here
- Ovro / field beans – about 1 & 1/2 cups
- Surnu (elephant yam) chopped pieces & cut drumstick pieces – 1 cup
- Dharambya sol – 1small piece OR 1 large tomato
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Masollu – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Soak the beans overnight
- .Then pressure cook ovro , dharambya sol / tomato & chopped surnu pieces for three whistles . Cook the drumstick pieces separately in a little water
- Add the masollu . turmeric powder & salt to taste .
- Add sufficient water . mix well & bring to a boil . reduce flame & let simmer for another 3-4 minutes .
Your tasty ghassi is ready to be served .consistency is according to how you want to serve this .keep it thick if you want to serve as side dish . And thin if you are going to use as an accompaniment with rice .