I have already posted Vali tingalavre bendi .. with garlic seasoning. Usually the bendis are always seasoned with garlic but this recipe is an exception as this does not have any seasoning at all. I learnt this after my marriage from my mother in law and now it is always on the menu whenever I have to avoid garlic. This is a very simple but equally tasty recipe with one of my favourite pulse white navy beans which is so versatile pulse and anything made out of it tastes great like the Tingalavre Kolmbo or the no coconut spicy curry Tingalavre Saungh.Do try and enjoy this as a side dish or with rice as an accompaniment.
- 1/2 cup white navy beans(tingalavro)
- 1/4 cup -1/2 cup of Kooka (chinese potato/sapur kook)
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 4-5 red chillies roasted
- 1/2 tsp hing powder or small piece of compound hing(asafoetida)
- Marble sized tamarind
- Pressure cook the kook and tingalavro for 3-4 whistles .
- Grind the coconut, red chillies ,tamarind and hing to a smooth paste in a mixer .
- Combine the ground paste and the pressure cooked veggies in a vessel, add water and bring to a boil adding salt.
- Serve as a side dish or with rice as an accompaniment
- Add water as per the desired consistency
- I personally prefer it neither too thin nor too thick.
- You can also substitute the kooka with potatoes or elephant yam (surnu).
4 replies to “Tingalavre Bendi(without garlic)”
Awesome recipe… Loved it❤️❤️ Very yummy combo.. Thank you akka..
thanks soumya for the feedback..glad to know you liked it.
No phannu for this? Want to try tomorrow, looks yummy.
Yes no seasoning required as mentioned