Batato Thoi is a speciality of Mangalore konkani’s. It is served as a accompaniment to rice and is served with some veggie dish. This is a simple yet delicious easy recipe. All potato lovers check out for this recipe.Ingredients:
- 1 Big Potato
- 2 Green chillies (slit)
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 2 nos Red Chillies
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Hing
- 1 spring curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Boil the Potato. Peel the skin. break into small pieces with your hands. Slit 2 green chillies and keep aside.
- Drop them into 3 cups of water, mash slightly with spatula .
- Add salt and bring to boil.
- Prepare seasoning with mustard, red chillies, hing and curry leaves in oil .
- Pour this seasoning over the boiled potato mixture.
- Switch off the gas. Potato thoi is ready to be served with rice