Any temple Sambradhan ( Feast )in Kerala never forgets to add this sooo delicious Soyi bhajjille Kooka / batata ghassi .or fondly called as Kalli ( black ) ghassi.
We can easily make this once we have the basic masolu ! This is also the most favourite one with kids .
- Tur dal – 3/4 cup .
- Potato / kook / batata – 1 large ( more if your kids love to eat the pieces )
- Dharmbya sol – 1 small piece or 1 large tomato
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Masolu – 2 tbsp. – ( for masolu recipe see here )
- Salt to taste .
- Peel & cut potato into medium or large pieces ( as per your liking ) .
- Pressure cook the dal along with the potato and dharmbya sol .
- Add the masolu , turmeric powder & salt and water to your required consistency .Thin – if you are using as an accompaniment with rice . Thick if you are serving as side dish .
- Bring to a boil & then simmer for another 5 minutes .
- An aromatic yum ghassi is ready to be served .