Come Monsoon season every open space turns green with various plants growing vigorously. This is also the season you can easily find Koduvi growing luxuriantly in your backyards ! Koduvi as the name suggests are very bitter leaves but we GSBs know to unlock the powerhouse of nutrients in them & use them to make very tasty dishes ! We can find koduvi in fields also most of the time but it is in rainy season that their leaves are comparably bigger !
This is the Koduvi I found in my backyard – now that it is rainy season in Kerala !
Now that we have cleaned the leaves well & washed them thoroughly – lets make a delicious Ghassi with it !
- Koduvi leaves – 1 cup
- Masolu – 2 tbsp – for recipe see here
- Tamarind – 1 small lemon size
- Turmeric powder – 1/ 4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Extract tamarind Juice and add the masolu to it .
- Add salt & the turmeric powder & sufficient water to your required consistency .
- Bring this to a boil & then simmer for 2-3 minutes .
- Add the leaves & cook till done
A very tasty Koduvi ghassi is ready with no trace of bitterness ! Enjoy with hot rice or paej