Apart from the more famous Tori Dali thoy amchi GSBs also make this Choniya Dalithoy or humman as it is usually referred as ! This can be had with rice , Chapatis or amchi poott too . If having it with rice – a thinner consistency is needed . A thicker one can be had with chapatis & poott.
|Choniya Dali thoy|
- Choniya dali ( chana dal ) – 1 & 1/2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp – optional
- Coriander leaves for garnish
For seasoning :-
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Chopped green chillies – 2 or 3 as per taste
- Ginger – chopped finely – 1 tsp
- Jeera – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Pressure Cook the dal till soft, ( can be mushy if you prefer it so ).
- Heat oil in the kadai & splutter mustard seeds.
- Then add the ginger & green chillies .
- When they have fried well . add the jeera & curry leaves
- Add turmeric powder if needed .
- Add it to the dal .
- Add salt & water according to the consistency required & bring to a boil .
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes & switch off .
- Garnish with coriander leaves .
Serve hot with rice , chapatis or poott !