Venti Bhajji Randhayi (Arbi Leaves And Stem Curry)
Arvi leaves are widely used by Konkanis. Lip smacking delicacies like Patharvodo, Gantiya Ghashi, Gajbaje are prepared with these leaves. Another very delicious curry prepared is Venti Bhajji. Very easy to make, tasty and healthy too.
- Arvi (bhajji) leaves – 10 nos (washed and deveined)
- Venti (stem) – 10 nos( washed, peeled and chopped)
- Karmbal (star fruit) – 2 nos chopped or one tbsp tamarind paste.
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
- Green Chillies – 2 or 3 nos
- Coconut scraped – 1 tbsp
- Hing / Asafoetida – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
|Venti Bhajji Randhayi|
- Take arvi leaves roll them lengthwise and knot both ends together resembling a small ball.
- Chop the stems to 1 inch size.
- Chop karmbal and set aside.
- Take a pressure cooker, add the arvi leaves and stem. Pour 1/2 cup of water and salt to taste.
- After one whistle, simmer and keep for 15 minutes.
- Once cool open the cooker add the karmbal or tamarind paste, green chillies and little more water if required and boil for another 15 mins.Check for salt.
- Transfer into another vessel, Add hing and scraped coconut and mix well.
- Finally add the 1 tbsp coconut oil .
Serve hot with rice .