This yummy recipe is lip smacking one and is the favorite of the GSB in and around Mangalore….Of course this is a must dish for them on Ashada Ekadashi, Janmashtami days etc.
- Tender Terya pan …15.. ( taro leaves)
- Vegetables (potato, Yam, yellow cucumber, cleaned washed and chopped)… 3 cups
- Jack fruit seeds ( peeled, washed and chopped)…. 10
- Chick pea ( soaked) – ½ cup
- Ambado(Hog plum) ….2
- Grated coconut ……. ½ of a coconut
- Roasted Red chilly …… 6
- Roasted Urad Dal ….2 tsp
- Mustard …1 tsp
- Methi seeds ½ tsp
- Oil….1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash and clean “Terya pan” ..roll it round and tie it to make “ganti” (taro leaves knots)
- Pressure Cook chickpea, all vegetables, Jack fruit seeds, Ambado along with terya panna ganti…..
- Grind coconut, red chilly, Urad Dal and salt to a fine paste…..
- Mix the ground masala to the cooked vegetables, add water if required to maintain medium thickness and boil till the raw masala is cooked
- Season with Mustard seeds and Methi seeds.
“Gajbaje” is ready….serve with hot rice as a main dish.