This is a combination of “Ambuli with losun” , a simply a mouth watering dish of GSB, South Canara. This dish is carry forward from my elders to me. This dish and “Dali thoy” is a perfect combination of a super meal.
- Tender Raw Mango 5
- Grated Coconut. ½ Coconut.
- Roasted Red Chilly. 10 (Ramnad)
- Garlic. 1 Pod
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Peel the skin of the garlic cloves and keep aside.
- Wash and cut Ambuli into 1 inch pieces and keep aside.
- Grind grated coconut, roasted red chilly and salt to a fine paste using little water.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the peeled garlic cloves.
- When the cloves become golden brown add the masala and ambuli pieces.
- Mix well, cook the masala and the ambuli pieces.
- Cook till the masala mixed with the soft cooked ambuli pieces and become dry.
Ambuli Bhuthi is ready. Serve with hot rice.
Use chilly in accordance with the sourness of the Ambuli and your taste.