If you are a Mangalorean GSB and if you simply hear “Ambuli Chutney Losun galnu” of course you will say I am drooling. This recipe is very simple and easy to prepare.
- Raw tender Mango. – 1 big
- Grated Coconut – ½ Coconut
- Roasted Red Chillies – 6
- Garlic Cloves – 12
- Green chilli – 1
- Salt to taste
- Wash, peel the skin of Ambuli and cut in to small pieces. Keep aside
- Peel the skin of garlic cloves. Keep aside.
- Grind to a fine paste grated coconut, red chillies, ambuli pieces, garlic cloves, Green Chilli with salt.
- Add only very little water to grind.
- The consistency of the Chutney is thick
Ambuli Chutney is ready. Serve with hot rice as a side dish.
- No seasoning is required
- Quantity of red chillies depend on the sourness of the Ambuli.
- Those who do not like garlic, substitute garlic with hing. This also is tasty.