Thavsha idly ( Cucumber idly in turmeric leaves) is basically a very healthy break fast dish. Usually it is prepared like Ada in turmeric leaves to get the aroma of the leaves. If turmeric leaves not available we can use either Banana leaves or Idly mould. I did not have much turmeric leaves with me so I used the available turmeric leaves in my garden and used a idly mould. This is prepared both as sweet and plain idlies ( idly using ginger and chilly).
- Cucumber – 2 small
- Coconut grated- 1 cup
- Raw Rice – 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Sugar/jaggery- 2 tbsp (as per your taste)
- Soak rice for 1 hour
- Grate cucumber and keep aside.
- Wash the soaked rice and grind it with grated coconut without adding water like a rava(coarse powder).
- Take this into a bowl add grated cucumber, salt and sugar mix well.
- Grease the idly mould and put batter in it. Add small pieces of turmeric leaves on it. Steam it for 30 min. Cucumber idly ready to serve.