Rontoso is an all time favorite of GSB. Usually this is prepared by Cochin GSB. It is nothing but rice puris, and a combination with, the trade mark dish of the GSB “the Dali thoy”. Prepare this tasty dish and enjoy with your family .
- Rice Flour 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
For Dali thoy:-
- Potato -1 medium size
- Green chilli – 4 medium (half split)
- Red chilli- 1
- Mustard seeds -1 tsp.
- Cumin seeds -1 tsp.
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves few
- Coriander (chopped) leaves 2 tbsp.
- Salt to taste.
Preparation of Dali thoy
- Peel, wash and chop the potato in to small pieces.
- Wash tur dal and pressure cook it with potato pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, broken red chilli, green chilli, curry leaves and sauté.
- Now add cooked tur dal, potato, water (if required), coriander leaves and salt.
- Boil it.
- The consistency of the thoy is medium thick.
Dali thoy is ready.
Preparation of Rontoso
- Knead rice flour with little salt in warm water and make into a soft dough.
- Make small lemon size balls.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- To make puri, place each rice ball in between two greased plastic papers and press it by a small wooden plank (or manayi).
- Remove the puris carefully and gently slid it into the hot oil.
- Slightly press the puris while frying so as to make it fluffy.
Rontoso is ready.
Serve Rontoso with Dali thoy.
While you add salt to dali thoy, remember that it is to be served as combination with rontoso which also contains salt.