Whenever I run out of tur dal or in a mood for something light yet tasty, my mind automatically tells me to do this Jhatpat tomato kadi. This kadi runs for generations in my family. Try it and you will love it.
- 2 Ripe tomatoes
- 2-3 spoon full of grated fresh coconut
- 1-2 green chilli or depending on spice level
- A flake of tamarind
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Oil or ghee
- 1/4th tsp mustard seeds
- 1 broken red chilly bits
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- Take tomatoes in a pan put a X mark on the opposite side and boil it in water till the skin comes off. Remove the peel.
- In a grinder grind together, boiled tomatoes, green chilli, tamarind flake, salt and coconut in to smooth paste.
- Transfer it in to the pan and adjust consistency as required. Don’t make it too thin. Let it boil.
- Temper with Oil/ghee mustard seeds, chilli bits, hing and curry leaves.
- Serve with hot rice.