Not only a spicy side dish Bondi / banana flower , it can be used to make a sweet dish too . This is an almost forgotten recipe . This used to made by my mother as an after school snack – a filling and a healthy one ! So try this out !You can find the detailed method to prepare the bondi for cooking here .
- Chopped bondi – 1 cup
- Jaggery – 1/2 cup
- Grated coconut- 1/4 cup
- Elaichi for flavour
- Salt – a pinch
- Cook the chopped bondi in a pressure cooker with a pinch of salt ,till soft .
- Add the jaggery and cook until the whole mixture thickens . You may add a little ghee too if needed.
- Add Jaggery as needed according to the nature of the bondi ..you may need more for some & less other times
- Add the coconut and elaichi but cashew nuts are optional.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
Enjoy it hot or cold !