Chana dali muliku / sukrundo is an amchi favorite. And this muliku made with chana dal and sugar is a lip smacking one. In many GSB temples we get this as Prasadam.
- Chana Dal – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1¼ cup
- Rice powder – 1 Cup
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Oil for deep frying.
Chana Dali Muliku / Sukrundo
- Wash and pressure cook chana dal.
- When it is cooked, drain the water completely.
- Smash the chana dal coarsely manually.
- In a kadai add chana dal sauté in a medium heat, so to evaporate any water content for about 2 minutes.
- Add sugar in it and sauté continuously till it becomes thick paste.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Keep it aside for cooling.
- In a bowl mix the rice powder with water till the paste becomes to the consistency of a dosa batter.
- Now make small lemon size balls of the dal sugar paste.
- Heat oil in a kadai for deep frying.
- Now dip the ball completely in the rice batter one at a time and gently slide it into the hot oil.
- Fry both sides till it becomes golden brown.
Chana dali muliku / sukrundo is ready. Enjoy.
- Number of dal balls to be fried at a time depends on your size of the kadai and the quantity of oil.
- You can also dip in Maida batter instead of rice batter.
- But if you dip in rice batter it will last for few days more than the other.
- Take care that there is no moisture left in the dal mixture.