This is an almost forgotten GSB delicacy. I remember my Grandmother making this as an evening snack for us. It is very simple and extremely delicious. Phadi means Pieces and Kaleyli means mixed. This is also called Surli Bhakri and is made on the eve of Janmastami as Lord Krishna’s mother is said to have had a craving ( Duvallo ) for this !
- Red Rice /Raw Rice – 1 cup
- Jaggery grated – 1 cup or as per your taste
- Coconut Scraped – 1/4 cup
- Cardamoms crushed – 4 Nos
- Wash and soak rice for 4 – 5 hours.
- Drain and grind smooth to dosa batter consistency.
- Make tiny button sized dosas and keep aside.
- Tear the dosas into tiny pieces.
- In another plate/ vessel, mix coconut scraped, grated jaggery and cardamom nicely with your hand.
- Smash the jaggery well so that no lumps are there.
- Add the dosa pieces to this and mix well.
Phadi kaleyli is ready to be relished.
2 replies to “Phadi Kaleyli”