“Batato Piyava song” is a lip- smacking unique dish of GSB Mangalore. This is an age old recipe carried forward from generation after generation. Enjoy it.
- Big size potatoes – 2
- Big size onion – 4.
- Grated coconut. – 2 Cups.
- Roasted red chillies -10 (Ramnad).
- Tamarind – 1 marble size.
- Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp.
- Coconut oil – 3 tbsp.
- Salt to taste.
- Chop 3 onions in to half inch size pieces.
- Now add these onion pieces to the fried ones , sauté for a minute. Add little water to cook the onion.
- Add ground masala and salt to it.
- Add cooked potato pieces and mix well.
- Sauté till it becomes dry. Now pour the remaining coconut oil over it and mix well.
Batato Piyava Song is ready to be served with hot rice.
2 replies to “Batato Piyava Song”
Lovely recipe and a lovely space. First time here. Do visit mine if you find time
Add few pepper during grinding. This gives good flavour.