Ghosale Frys – Crisp and spicy ridge gourd frys
- Ghosale-1full (make sure to get very tender and green ones)
- Salt-To taste
- Hing powder-1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Rice powder for coating the ghosale pieces-1/2 cup
- Oil- For frying
- Wash the full ghosale and peel out the sharp edges of the ghosale.
- Once this is done cut thin roundels of the ghosale and one by one add each spice along with the salt..
- Keep this covered aside for about half an hour so that the spices mix well with the ghosale .
- Now heat as much oil as is required for frying these ghosale pieces.
- Once the oil heats up dip the ghosale pieces one by one in the rice powder drop them in the oil & fry till they turn crisp and golden brown.
- Take out the freshly fried pieces on a paper towel and serve this as an accompaniment with rice or as a starter.