This is a sweet side dish with Duddhi / pumpkin..& an almost forgotten dish !here is the recipe :-
- Dhuddhi /Pumpkin – about 250 gm,- choose a ripe yellow one
- Jaggery – 100 gms,
- Coconut milk ( thick )- 1/2 cup,
- Red chilies – 2
- Salt a pinch
- Coconut oil & mustard seeds- 1 tsp & Urad dall- 1 tsp,- for seasoning
- Cut pumpkin into medium size pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds, add the chillies and urad dal and brown them .
- Add the pumpkin pieces and salt , sprinkle little water on the top and cook on a low flame.
- When the pieces are half cooked, add jagerry and cook for a few more minutes .
- Then add the coconut milk , mix well and switch off immediately when it starts to boil..
Enjoy this sweet as a side dish.
Another version of it is to just add 1/2 cup grated coconut instead of the coconut milk as my friend Shobha Kumar has done