This is a very traditional recipe ..As always nothing is wasted .& so is the skin of ghosale / ridge gourd .this makes an excellent side dish .there are two recipes for this ! I like the bright green one & so do it often ..choose whichever suits your taste !
- Ghosalle skins – 1 cup ( take thick peels of the ridges . clean & cut int small pieces )
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Jeera – 1 tsp .
- Tamarnd – a small piece
- Green chillies 2-3 as per taste
- salt to taste
- Grind all ingredients listed above to a smooth paste using very little water .
- you can saute the skins & then grind too but I like it raw .
- .This stays well for a few days if refrigerated .
Enjoy with rice as a side dish
- Ghosalle skins – 1 cup
- Coriander seeds – 2 tsps,
- Red chilies – 4,
- Chana dal – 1 tsp,
- Urad da l- 1 tsp,
- Tamarind – a small piece
- Hing/asafoetida -1/4 tsp,
- methi seeds – a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Roast the coriander, methi , dals & red chillies
- In a little oil fry the skins . let cool
- Grind all the ingredients to a smooth paste using very little water .
- Your chutney is ready . this stays well for a few days if refrigerated .
One reply to “Ghosalle Sheera Tamballi”