- Ridge gourd peel – 1 cup chopped finely
- Coconut grated – 1 cup
- Red chillies – 3 nos roasted (can increase according to taste)
- Pepper – 1 tsp
- Jeera – 1 tsp
- Tamarind – marble size
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1-2 tsp
- Heat a pan with oil and roast pepper and jeera till brown.
- Remove it and keep aside.
- Also fry the finely chopped peel till they wilt and turn light brown.
- Switch off and add tamarind and coconut now.
- Fry in the heat.
- Now when cool grind it along with roasted red chillies,salt and little water to a fine paste.
Serve with hot rice,Porridge or with dosa and idli too.
This chutney can be diluted adding water and then heat it. When you see the bubbles at the sides of the pan, Switch off and prepare seasoning with mustard and curry leaves. pour on this and serve along with rice.