I have already given you the recipe of our amchi kochi kelya halwo. Now I am giving the recipe of amchi Mangalore kelya halwo. Even though both are prepared by Nendra Banana both do have different heavenly taste.
- Riped Nendra Banana – 8
- Sugar – 3 cups
- Ghee – 8 tbsp +1 tbsp for greasing.
- Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
- Chopped cashew nuts – 2 tbsp
- Chopped Badam – 1 tbsp. (optional)
Kodiyal Kelya Halwo
- Peel and chop the bananas into small pieces.
Grind these banana pieces with out using water to a fine paste.
- Heat a heavy bottomed kadai or a non stick pan.
- Add banana paste and sugar in it.
- You have to sauté continuously with patience(in and around one hour) in a law flame.
- When the paste thickens add ghee.
- Again sauté continuously till ghee separate from the paste.
- Now take a pinch of paste, put it in a plate, allow it to cool and if the paste does not fix your finger when you touch it, then halwo is ready.
- If not , you have to further sauté and do the same test again and confirm.
- Now add cardamom, cashew nuts and badam. Mix well.
- Now pour this paste in a greased plate and flatten it evenly, using a greased spoon.
- When it cools cut the halwa carefully into pieces and shape the edges
Kelya Halwo is ready to serve