We bring raw sour mango from the market as per our requirement. Some time we never use it in the same day. Out of these raw mangoes some may start to ripen. This dish is made of such mangoes which are neither fully ripped nor raw. This is a simple super tasty dish of amchi Kochi and is a Kalvani randayi with hot rice.
- Sour Mango half ripen – 1
- Grated Coconut – ½ cup
- Red chillies – 2
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp.
- Curry leaves – few
- Wash the mango, soften the pulp by pressing it manually and peel the skin of the mango by hand.
- Apply salt to this mango along with the skin. Keep aside.
- Grind a fine masala of grated coconut red chilli adding water. Keep aside.
- In a vessel squeeze the salted mango manually and remove all the possible juice from it.
- Add the ground masala, the skin of the mango and the mango seed in it.
- Mix very well.
- Add salt and water if required to maintain a thin consistency.
- Season with Mustard seeds and curry leaves.
Ambya Sasam is ready to serve with hot rice.
No cooking required for this dish.