Tila oondos/ laddoos are easy to make and such a healthy snack for kids & adults .You can make til oondos with white or black sesame seeds . White ones are usually made when one craves for a time pass snack/ sweet. Black ones are usually made for Shrardh when we pay oblations to the departed souls . The making process is the same for both.
- Til – 2 cups
- Jaggery grated – 1 cup ( get good quality panka godd for this )
- Ghee – to apply on hands while binding
- Choose a heavy bottomed kadai or a non stick one for this
- In a kadai dry fry the til on medium fire ..till they pop and splutter . Keep aside .
- In a thick bottomed kadai / pan pour 1/2 a cup of water & add the grated jaggery. keep cooking & stirring the ‘panku’ till you get the the 2 string stage as shown in the video below.
- If you cannot understand the 2 string stage ..you can add a drop or two in a small bowl of water , If it is the correct consistency – you can roll it into a ball in your hands .
- Now add the til .
- Continue stirring till it all come together like a single ball. Switch off now .
- Grease your hands with ghee and start making ladoos as soon as you are able to bear the heat with your hands
Now treat your family to these delicious ladoos .
- The ladoos should be made as quickly as possible before the mixture turns hard .
- If you have not finished binding & the mixture has turned hard .
- You may sprinkle a tsp of water and lightly heat the mixture .
- This will make the mixture to loosen and you can finish binding quickly .ONLY lightly heat – DO NOT overheat as it may burn !