This is another lip smacking Pathrado found prepared in and around amchi Kodiyal. This pathrado usually finds a place in the feast of Vinayaka Chathurthi. This is a satwik healthy dish which can be used on upavas day also.
- Tender Alva Pan 15 (colocasia leaves)
- Moogu (green gram) 1 cup ( 3 hours soaked )
- Grated coconut 1½ cup
- Red Chilli 13.
- Small lemon size tamarind or carambola (star fruit) 5 medium (chopped to small pieces).
- Hing 1 chickpea size/1/2 tsp if using hing powder
- Salt to taste.
Wash, clean alva pan, remove all the veins using a knife. Keep aside.
Grind moogu, grated coconut, red chilly, carambola / tamarind with hing and salt to a medium thick consistency and medium fine paste using little water.
- Apply this masala on the back side of each alva pan, arrange it over one after another. ( refer to my Pathravodo link).
- After 6 leaves or more fold the two sides inner wards apply little masala on it and roll it length wise.
- Steam cook lollos / rolls in a pedavan in low medium flame for an hour or till it is done.
Mooga Pathrado is ready to serve with hot rice or as a snack with coconut oil.
- For further clarification of method please refer to the under mentioned link.
- You can also substitute 1 cup moogu to ½ cup moogu and ½ cup raw rice ( cannot be used on upavas day).
- Haldi powder optional.