Raw Ponsa Ghorya upkari used to be a traditional evening snack and had with this Godda ( jaggery ) coffee.This is so tasty that once you have tried this combo , you will want to make this more often .
- Raw Jackfruit bulbs – sliced long – 1 cup
- Red chilli Flakes – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp .
- Oil for seasoning
- Salt to taste
- Cut thin long slices or medium size pieces of the raw jackfruit bulbs .
- Heat oil in kadai & splutter the mustard seeds .
- Add the chilli flakes & add the bulbs quickly . Take care not to burn the chilli .
- Add very little water & salt to taste & let cook .
- Remove when the bulbs have softened . Serve hot with the Godda Kaapi
- For Godda Kaapi – crush a little Shunti ( dry ginger )
- Boil this with a small piece of jaggery & a tsp of Filter coffee powder in a cup of water . Strain & serve hot!..