I have posted many types of Elchikeris here .Find them all In the Konkani Currys Page .This Ponsa Echikeri is especially made when jackfruits are in season .Enjoy having this delicious curry for lunch or dinner !
This is usually made with mature raw jackfruit bulbs . even if they are half ripe – you can make this . if you don’t mind the sweetness . Some even make this with ripe jackfruit bulbs too adding a little jaggery !. So lets see how to make this curry !
- Tur dal – 1 cup,
- Jack fruit bulbs – 250gms,
- Coconut grated -1 cup,
- Red chillies-1-2
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp,
- Salt to taste,
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp,
- Cumin seeds (jeera) -1 tsp
- Coconut oil – 1tbsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Coconut grated -1 tbsp
- Pressure cook tur dal . Add the bulbs & a little water & cook for a few more minutes .
- Make a smooth paste of coconut , turmeric powder & red chillies
- Add this paste to the dal ; add salt to taste .
- Bring to a boil & let simmer for 2-3 minutes .
- Heat oil in a kadai add mustard, jeera & curry leaves .Finally add grated coconut and roast till brown . then pour over the curry !
Relish this with rice !!