- Tendle ( ivy gourd) – 15 to 20
- Coconut grated – 3/4 cup
- Red chillies fried in little oil – 8 to 10
- Coriander seeds – 1 small spoon
- Onion chopped finely – 1 medium sized
- Tamarind – very small piece
- Oil (preferably coconut oil ) – 3 tbsp
- Chop the tendles into thin slices and apply salt to it and keep for half an hour.
- Now heat oil in a pan .
- Squeeze the tendles and fry them in the oil .
- Adjust the flame so that the tendles should be fried nicely almost brown and crisp.
- Meanwhile , grind the coconut along with red chillies ,corriander and the tamarind coarsely without adding water at all.
- Now as soon as the tendles are fried almost crisp . add the coconut mix to the same pan and mix nicely with the tendles.
- Keep on low flame till the coconut mix is fried in the oil for some 3 to 4 mins.
- Turn off as soon as the nice fried aroma comes out.
- Take off from the heat and add the chopped onion to it.
- Mix well the tasty tendle kismmuri is ready to enjoy
Serve with amchi dalitoy and rice…..
1. You can also use the ripe tendles in the kissmuri ..
2. In case you are using the ripe ones,adjust the measurement of tamarind as the ripe ones will give the required tangyness..
3. If you want instead of shallow frying ,you can deep fry the thendles .and then mix it with powdered coconut after heating little oil in a separate pan.