This is a gravy based dish to be had with rice ..this is similar to Gabbya Olle sukkein
- Tur dal – 1/2 cup
- Cabbage – grated – 1/2 cup
- Potato – peeled and chopped into small cubes – 1/2 cup
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup or more
- Tomato -1 medium
- Red chillies – 3 or as per taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds – 1tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Methi seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Pressure cook the dal along with the cabbage ,potato& tomato.
2. Grind the coconut , red chillies & turmeric to a smooth paste
3. Add the paste & salt to the cooked dal . add water to adjust consistency as per your liking .
4. Bring to a boil & let simmer for 3-4 minutes . then switch off.
5. Heat the oil & splutter the mustard seeds . add the urid dal ,methi & curry leaves & fry till they turn golden brown .
6. Pour over the cooked dish & keep covered for some time for the flavours to infuse.