Ponsa Muddo ( Ripe Jack-fruit Steamed cake ). ” Muddo” is mainly referred to the steamed cake , a batter poured in a thali and steamed in a steamer. and during the jackfruit season nobody can resist the temptation to prepare the traditional “ponsa muddo ” at least once. . Ponsa muddo is often relished with pure ghee , makes a heavenly combo. Ingredients:-
- Raw rice – 1 cup
- Ripe jackfruit bulbs – 20 to 25
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Jaggery – 250gms (or adjust according to the sweetness of the jackfruit )
- Salt – a pinch
- Soak the rice for 3 hours.
- Grind the grated coconut along with the jackfruit smoothly.
- Add the soaked rice and grind it coarsely.
- You can add water if needed but take care to make the consistency thick .
- Now either you can melt the jaggery and strain it and add to the batter or you can directly grate the jaggery to the batter . depends upon the quality of the jaggery .
- Add a pinch of salt in the batter and mix well.
- Grease a thali with little ghee and pour the batter to it.
- Now keep the thali in a steamer and steam cook for at least 20 minutes or till its done.
- Turn off and let it cool and cut in desired shapes.
- Traditionally its served with ghee !!