Though not so well known , their stems too can be used in making various delicious curries – like , Ghassi , ghajbhaj ..etc. let us see the recipe to make a simple ghassi with this stem or “venti ” as we call it !
- Taro leaves Stem or Colocasia stem – 15 or more ( according to the thickness of the stem )
- Colocasia / Mande – 1 big or alva mande – 4
- Bimbul / Birmi karmbal or starfruit / Dharan karmabal /- 7-8 numbers or tamarind – small lemon sized
- Coconut – grated – 1 cup
- Red chillies – 4-5 – as per taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/ 4tsp
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
- Hing – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
1. Clean the stems thoroughly . & peel of f the skin – cut into even sized pieces . Scrape , clean & cut the colocasia too & also the bimbuls You can use any of the three souring agents I have given .