Try out this Piyava Thambali!
- Coconut gratings, 1 cup,
- Roasted Byadgi Red Chillies, 3-4
- Tamarind, size of a seed
- Onion, medium sized, finely chopped, 2
- Ginger, 1/2 ” piece, grated
- Salt, to taste
- Coconut Oil, 1 tsp
- As the first step, finely chop the onions, and grate the ginger.
- Add a little salt, mix well and keep aside.
- Next grind the freshly grated coconut along with the roasted red chillies, tamarind and a little salt to a smooth paste using the required amount of water.
- Since salt has already been added to the onion-ginger mixture, take care not to add too much salt at this stage.
- Now add the finely chopped onions and grated ginger to the ground paste. Mix well
- If necessary, add a little water to get the right consistency for the thambali.
- Drizzle the coconut oil and mix well
- The thambali is ready to be served.