Corainder leaves are one of my favourite herbs. I just love using it in my dishes be it South Indian or our own Konkani cuisine. I have already posted the Gojju recipe prepared using coriander leaves. Today I am sharing the recipe of Saaru using this herb which I learnt from my Amma. A very simple and easy recipe with very few ingredients .
|Coriander leaves Saaru|
- 1/4 bunch coriander leaves(washed and chopped)
- 2tbsp of coconut
- Small piece of tamarind
- 1-2 green chillies(depending upon the spiciness of chillies)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tomato chopped(optional)
- Oil as required
- Tsp of mustard seeds
- Sprig of curry leaves
- Pinch asafoetida powder
- Grind together the coriander leaves ,coconut. green chilli and tamarind using little water to a smooth paste as shown …
- Remove to a vessel and add water depending upon the quantity and the consistency you prefer .
- Add salt and chopped tomatoes(if using) and boil for 3-5 minutes .
- season with mustard, curry leaves and hing.
Enjoy this saaru with steamed rice